Coventry City Council complies with the Data Protection Act and GDPR law and is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a Data Controller. This Privacy Notice explains how we will use your personal information, what for, and who we will share it with as part of the MyCoventry Project.
Your personal information is collected when you sign up for the MyCoventry Project so that
we can offer you services and support across three (3) key activity areas (community and
social links, language and learning, employment and skills) delivered through the project that
enables you to integrate into Coventry.
• Allow Coventry City Council Migration Team and its partners to fulfil its task of
integration services and support
• Decide who is eligible to take part and be supported in the project
• Provide you with services you need to aid your integration into Coventry
• Match your needs with project activities and offer further advice and guidance
• Help us to develop and improve our services
• Complete reports for the Accountable Body, the Asylum, Migration and Integration
Fund (AMIF) and the UK Responsible Authority (UKRA).
Our lawful basis for processing personal data is Consent.
We collect the following information:
o Full name(s)
o Contact details
o Place, Date of Birth and Age
o Arrival date in the UK
o Residential Postcode
o Nationality, Country of Origin
o Case File Numbers
o Country of Birth
o Volunteer/Participant Unique Identifier
o Next of Kin / Emergency Contact, including relatives living overseas
o Preferred Contact
We also collect the following information from you to help us provide you with the services
o Start date of involvement with programme
o End date of involvement with programme
o First Language and Second Language
o Language/skills and abilities
o Referral Source
o Highest level of educational / work-related qualification
o First Language and Second Language
o ESOL/English Level
o Employment Status and employment plans
o Reason for Volunteering
o General updates on engagement across the project
Who we share your personal information with?
We share data with other Coventry City Council departments and our MyCoventry Project
Partners who are:
• Coventry City Council Migration Team (MT)
• Coventry City Council Employment Skill & Service JobShop (JS)
• Ashley Community Housing (ACH)
• Positive Youth Foundation (PYF)
• St Francis Employability (COA)
• Coventry University (CU)
We also share data with the Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund (AMIF) and the UK
Responsible Authority (UKRA).
We also have information about you shared with us by the parties listed above
Please see their Privacy Notices for information about how they use your personal data.
Your personal information will be kept by the MyCoventry project until 31st December 2030, to
fulfil audit requirements by our funder, AMIF.
You have the right to:
• Ask to see the personal information we hold about you
• Withdraw consent (see below)
• Ask us to change information we hold about you if it is wrong
• Ask us to delete information we hold about you
• Ask us to limit the way we use your personal information
• Data portability (have your data transferred to another authority)
• Complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
To exercise any of these rights please contact the Coventry City Council Migration
Team via E-mail: MigrationTeam@coventry.gov.uk
Where personal data is processed on the basis of consent, you will have the right to
withdraw that consent. However, Coventry City Council process personal data when it is
necessary to do so in order to comply with our legal obligations and to enable us to perform
tasks carried out in the public interest.
You have the right to submit a complaint if you are unhappy with the way your request is
handled or disagree with a decision made by the council regarding your data. In these
circumstances you can contact the Data Protection Team (DPO) and request a review of the
decision: firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone: 024 7697 5408
If you are not satisfied with any outcome from the
DPO you may wish to apply to the Information Commissioners Office at:
The Information Commissioners Office,